4. Pioneers, and Church Relatives

 4. By now, if you have completed the challenges, you should have an ancestor that you have chosen to research. For this challenge, 

1. Text me the name of that ancestor and the approximate time frame for when they lived. I will keep this between you and me. I won't share it with the rest of the group. If you don't know their full name or when they lived, that's okay just let me know that and I'll try to help you figure it out. Texting me this information will help me to decide your future challenges and make sure that it's easy to find your ancestor in the future records. You can text me at 801.842.6793. 

2. The second part of this challenge is to search and see if you have any pioneer or church history relatives. This might be for the ancestor you chose or it just might be anyone you are related to. This will include mormon pioneers but also other kinds of pioneers as well. You will want to be signed into your FamilySearch account or your parents. 


In addition to that video, you can click the link below, and there is an option that says "Show My Ancestors". That will automatically search for people you are connected with on FamilySearch that have connection with church history. You can also manually search by last name.  

https://history.churchofjesuschrist.org/chd/search?tabFacet=people&tabSubfacet=all&onlyMyAncestors=true


Comments

Popular Posts